Friday, February 10, 2012

Magical, Mystical Moab


Royalty Free Stock Images Image of Wilson Arch in Moab, Utah

Red Rock 4 Free Stock PhotosHuge arches, Arches park Free Stock ImageHeading North from Santa Fe, I was heading to Salt Lake City, Utah to visit friends from Kalani (Oceanside Retreat, Big Island of Hawaii).  These two friends were a great support while in Hawaii, when I started my nomadic travels.  We had lots of laughs and I was looking forward to reconnecting with them.  Yet, I had places to visit on my way - Moab, Utah.

Delicate Arch Free Stock PhotographyMoab, the land of the red rocks and Arches National Park, was an incredible experience -  magical, mystical.  I was compelled to stop along the way to take photos, so it was a long drive, with frequent stops while I headed to the small town of Moab.  I could live here, if only it were on the coast, it would be a perfect match for me.  It was a place where I felt at home.  There are only a few places where I feel at home and this was one of them.  Something called me to these rocks, to the land. It's energy enveloped me and nourished my soul, at it's core.
image photo : Cliff at MoabRoyalty Free Stock Photo Moab

Balanced Rock Free Stock PhotographySkyline Arch Free Stock PhotoI spent a few days here, hiking, exploring the rock formations, and the funky town.  I stayed a cheap hotel overlooking the cliffs, mesmerized by the ever-changing light dancing off the red rocks.  A few days was not enough, but being on a budget, I opted to head to Salt Lake City, with a place to stay where I didn't have to dish out money.  I left with the intention of returning, when I could spend more time connecting with such a reverent place.

Hiking in Utah Free Stock PhotosMagical and mystical are the only ways to describe this place and my experience.  There was nothing that happened specifically that I can share with you, nothing to detail that this or that happened, yet something profound did happen, just by being there.  Moab, mystical and magical.  Hopefully, you have had an experience such as this, and understand.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes there is more going on in these places than we realize. Cool photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I could definitely feel it. Thanks for the comment...Love your name, Nomad way of life.

      Delete
  2. These look so cool! I really want to visit some day.

    ReplyDelete