Thursday, July 12, 2012

Eastward Bound...

My friend who was one of my greatest supporters of my nomadic life, had a friend who lived in Kansas.  I headed there, and spent a couple of days with him.  He welcomed me with a generous heart and offered me a place to stay, for the short-term.  Yet, I was heading back to the East coast to help my sister out with her kids.  I look back on it now, with regret.  I probably should have remained focused on my own journey.  I rushed my time there, in a funky area, where I could have explored and enjoyed more.  I drove through the Blue Ridge mountains in awe, but rushed.  I only remember staying at an extremely cheap and clean motel that had an amazing view of the mountains.


I arrived late, woke early, and  walked out to the misty view of the mountains and stopped in my tracks.  I realized then that I was rushing my journey, yet I had made a commitment to be back to assist. The drive through the mountains touched my soul, with the power enveloping me as I drove.  This was the most memorable part of that long drive back East.

In the end, due to my car issues, my sister had to make other arrangements since I couldn't make it back in time.  This is a regret of my travels, and have learned my lesson.  It really is important to change old patterns, and be okay with taking care of oneself and following your own heart...it was and still can be a challenge to live my life and let go of others expectations and opinions of what I should or should not be doing...and, to be okay with not doing my part.

My time back home on the East coast was short-lived.  I connected with family and friends, which was enjoyable, but, I was not ready to be back.  I dropped my car off with a friend and headed to Europe...

England and Scotland bound....

No comments:

Post a Comment